The JPPS-Bialik Advantage
JPPS is home to all of our families, regardless of their backgrounds or denominational affiliations. We value diversity of thought both inside and outside of the classroom. Our students are capable of articulating different positions, engaging in meaningful conversations and empathizing with others. In a world where you can be anything, JPPS students are encouraged to be themselves, and to be kind.
The Success of the Four Pillars
The Four Pillars of the schools’ mission are:
- Jewish identity -To graduate students who are excited about being Jewish and committed to Israel.
- Academic excellence - To graduate students who have acquired an exemplary knowledge base in all academic areas.
- In Quebec - To graduate students who have the language and cultural skills to live and work in Quebec.
- In the 21st century - To graduate students who have developed critical thinking and sound decision-making skills that will enable them to take their place on the world stage.
JPPS Highlights Include:
- the International Baccalaurete Programme (PYP)
- Our Jewish Studies Coordinator enhances the Jewish Studies curriculum and Jewish life by increasing student awareness and integration of Jewish values, developing students' knowledge of, and participation in Ashkenazi and Sephardic culture, and organizing experiential Jewish life programming.
- Our French Studies Coordinator enhances the French curriculum, increases the use of French in the daily life of the schools, and through her work and dynamic, hands-on programming, raises the profile of our excellent Section française.
- The introduction of the S.T.E.M. program (Science, Technology, Engineering, Coding), a fully-integrated multi-disciplinary pedagogical approach building on the school's exceptional science/coding and math curriculum.
- In the S.T.E.M. prgoram students integrate the use of iPads and technology to learn and to demonstrate their learning.
- The Response to Intervention program was expanded to provide earlier support for student learning to ensure they attain their fullest potential.
- ClassTrack, a communication tool between the home and the classroom was introduced.
- The JPPS Family Jewish Life program was initiated with the hugely successful Challah Bake and Tu B’ishvat evening programs.