Important Admission Procedure Information
- Click here to apply to Bialik High School:
- Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are due by Friday, October 29th, 2022.
- Family Interview: Following receipt of your application, students and parents will be invited to participate in a family interview.
ADMISSION TESTING – CAT
Common Admission Test (CAT) QAIS - Secondary I Candidates
Please note that reading the following document before registering for the exam is important.
For more information, please contact Carole Delouya: (514) 731-3841 #230 or by email at email@example.com
For fall 2023 admission, there are three possible dates to write the Grade 7 CAT. Registration deadlines are approximately 10 days before the actual test date.
The registration forms are linked below. Please review this information, including the Parent Information handbook, where you will find sample questions, before registering for one of the test dates.
- Registrations October 2, 2022 - online C.A.T exam : registration from August 25 ( 1: 00 am) to September 21, 2022 (1:00 pm)
- Registrations October 16, 2022 - online C.A.T exam : registration from August 25 ( 1: 00 am) to October 5, 2022 (1: 00 pm)
- Registrations October 23, 2022 - online C.A.T exam : registration from August 25 ( 1: 00 am) to October 12, 2022 (1: 00 pm)
Please see below for some important information about the CAT:
- There are three parts to the CAT: ability test (e.g., logic-type questions), reading comprehension, and attitudes towards learning (no math, no french).
- No preparation/studying is required.
- The test is multiple choice.
- The test is online, so students complete it in the comfort of their own home.
- The test will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete, but parents must ensure they are available for the full morning of the test date (i.e., 8 am - 12 pm).
- This is a common admission test for three other QAIS schools: LCC, St. George’s and ECS. This means that students applying to BHS or any other two schools need only complete the admission test once.
- Students who qualify for accommodations will receive extra time and reading assistance.
- The CAT is administered by our third-party partner, Brisson Legris (BL). Registration and payment for the test are completed through the BL registration form, NOT through the BHS application system, Open Apply.
- Students can access a few sample questions to familiarize themselves with the test.
- The cost of the test, regardless of the number of schools receiving the results, is $74.75 and is payable directly to Brisson Legris through the online test registration.
- A computer and stable internet connection are required to complete the CAT.
For more information please contact Carole Delouya Cohen, Admissions Coordinator : (514) 731-3841 ext 230 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org