DISCOVER THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
HOW WILL MY CHILD BENEFIT FROM A JEWISH EDUCATION?
• Each child will benefit from having knowledge of their roots and being able to identify with the community in all aspects of their lives.
Our curriculum promotes the ideals of tikkun olam and tzedakah to help foster caring and responsible individuals.
WILL MY FAMILY BE COMFORTABLE IF WE ARE NOT AS/
OR ARE MORE OBSERVANT THAN OTHERS AT THE SCHOOL?
• Our educators are aware of the pluralistic nature of the Jewish community and consciously emphasize the need for respect and understanding of different practices and points of view.
HOW DOES JPPS RESPOND TO A WIDE ARRAY OF LEARNING STYLES?
• We offer an accommodated program for children who need a customized pedagogical approach.
• As of Grade 3, we offer our Academic Support Program.
• We incorporate early diagnostic testing and targeted remediation through the Response To Intervention (RTI) program.
• We offer classroom settings based on a differentiated instruction model so that each child will experience learning success.
WHAT IS THE FOOD POLICY?
• We are a peanut/nut-safe school, meaning that our students’ lunches cannot contain any products that may contain or are comprised of nuts or peanuts.
• We practice Kashruth, meaning that in addition to being nut-safe, all food brought into the school for a celebration must comefrom a kosher bakery.
IS THERE A UNIFORM POLICY?
• Each student in Grades 1 - 6 is required to wear the standard JPPS uniform.
HOW DOES JPPS KEEP ME UPDATED ON SCHOOL EVENTS AND NEWS?
•Weekly newsletters are sent to parents' personal emails to ensure that parents receive all necessary information about the school and their children in the most timely and efficient way possible. Homework is posted daily on Google classroom.
WILL MY CHILD BE WELL-PREPARED FOR HIGH SCHOOL?
• Your child will absolutely be well-prepared for high school. Our multilingual curriculum promotes better learning as research has shown that when children are educated across multiple languages, they not only succeed academically, but also develop successful organizational and time-management skills.
AS A PARENT, HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
• The Home and School Committee is dedicated to enhancing the daily lives of each and every child at JPPS. We welcome parents who wish to become involved in committees or events.
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS?
• At JPPS we begin each day with a few moments of silent introspection. This practice is called mindfulness. A positive message is conveyed to the students each day in order for them to slow down and pay closer attention to the things around and within themselves.