JPPS-Bialik Mission Statement
JPPS-Bialik is a private Kindergarten through Grade 11 Jewish school, founded and based on a pluralistic vision of Judaism. JPPS-Bialik is committed to providing academic excellence within a 21st century learning environment. Our students are responsible young individuals who are committed to lifelong learning and to becoming productive citizens within the Quebec, Canadian, and global communities.
Our students develop a strong Jewish identity through Judaic Studies and by experiencing Jewish culture and traditions. They develop a firm commitment to the State of Israel and its people.
JPPS-Bialik graduates are committed Jewish young adults who are well-prepared to meet the challenges and responsibilities of their future endeavours, and who have developed an understanding of and respect for others throughout the world.
The Four Pillars of JPPS-Bialik
The JPPS-Bialik model has four basic “pillars”:
• Academic Excellence
• Jewish Identity and Affiliation to Israel
• In Quebec
• In the 21st Century
Did you know?
- JPPS offers an inclusive, pluralistic Jewish educational experience.
- JPPS offers more hours of instruction in French than that required by the Quebec Ministry of Education.
- All students are taught Français Langue d’Enseignement.
- Our Judaic Studies program allows students to explore their Jewish history and develop an attachment to and love for the State of Israel.
- JPPS enforces a zero-tolerance anti-bullying policy.
- JPPS offers streamed math groups.
- JPPS consistently wins the Canadian National Mathematics League Competition.
- JPPS was the first Jewish Day school in Montreal to implement the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) curriculum.
- JPPS’ innovative Science Program starts as early as Kindergarten.
- JPPS uses the latest technology including a 3D printer, iPads and interactive whiteboards.
- Our on-site Student Services Department includes an occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, social worker, student support facilitator and student services coordinator.
- JPPS has a support service team dedicated to students with learning difficulties.
- JPPS students participate in Tikun Olam throughout the school and community.
- Our students participate in an annual music festival. They present plays in French every year and put on an evening showcasing the multicultural aspects of our society.
- JPPS offers varied extra-curricular activities at lunchtime and after school including book clubs, girl's club, boy's club,yoga, hip hop, chess, theatre, competitive sports and more.
- The Tsedaka projects initiated by our students have raised in excess of $ 40,000 for deserving organizations locally, nationally, and internationally. Our students are also encouraged to volunteer and give of themsleves whenever possible.
- JPPS students are consistently accepted into their first choice of high school.
- Our Judaic Studies program allows students to explore their Jewish history and develop a strong connection to the State of Israel.